About Me

My photo
I'm an animation student, in my second year of College. It's fantastic and I have a lot of work, but love it all. I play music on the side, and do adventure.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Microtonal Music

So I've stumbled across some interesting forms of music that speak to me on a level that most music just does not. Microtonal might be the word to describe it but there are many other forms of it. Simply put, this is any music that does not follow the 12 Tone Equal-Temperament, that is the most common scale used in contemporary music.

The roof is off, the box is open, the walls are gone! The variety that can come from this scaling is amazing. Here I have a few interesting links that I've been looking at. This might not be for everyone, but I feel like it deserves some attention.

Weather Harp

Wind Playing A Harp

Harry Partch and his Strange Musical Instruments (3 Parts)

Migration

Peter Ablinger

These are just some of the strange and wonderful possibilities that are out there. Complete creative freedom exists!

No comments:

Post a Comment